Hill Laboratories have expanded their viticulture testing capability with the acquisition of the assets of Vine Testing Laboratory (VTL), a specialised ELISA laboratory able to diagnose Grapevine leafroll-associated virus 3 (GLRaV-3).READ MORE
Ormond Nurseries has operated for over 40 years, specialising in propagating top quality, grafted grape plants that are true to type, fully traceable (budwood and rootstock) and regularly tested for Leaf Roll Virus.
Ormond Nurseries produces premium grapevines certified to the NZ Winegrowers Grafted Grapevine Standard (Version 3.1, June 2017). There are also non-certified vines available for sale. For further information about the NZWG GGS see our page which explains it all HERE.
The company also operates its own (award winning) vineyards, giving our staff an understanding and empathy for grower issues. As a lead supplier of certified, grafted grapevines, we offer a range of dormant bare root and containerised vines specifically designed to add value to vineyard projects. Ormond Nurseries is the oldest family-run grapevine propagation company in New Zealand.
Education & Community
- Supporting and contributing to education nationwide
- National sponsor of the Young Viticulturist of the Year competition since 2006
- Proud supporter of Life Flight Trust
Innovative, Price Competitive and Pro-active
- Operating our own (award winning) vineyards to help us empathise and understand grower issues
- On-going innovation of grafted grapevine product types to help with everything from green field development to individual replacements
- Assistance with immediate and long-term vine replanting plans
- Collaboration and learning through our own on-site vineyard replant projects
- Annual repeat order system with no minimum purchase requirement