Ormond Nurseries Ltd has operated for 35 years, specialising in propagating top quality, grafted grape plants that are true to type, fully traceable (budwood and rootstock) and regularly tested for Leaf Roll Virus.
Ormond Nurseries Ltd produces premium grapevines certified to the NZ Winegrowers Grafted Grapevine Standard (Version 3.1, June 2017). There are also non-certified vines available for sale. For further information about the NZWG GGS see PDF downloads to the right.
The company also operates its own (award winning) vineyards, giving our staff an understanding and empathy for grower issues.
As a lead supplier of certified, grafted grapevines, we offer a range of dormant bare root and containerised vines specifically designed to add value to vineyard projects.
With over 40 years of experience, Ormond Nurseries is the oldest family-run
grapevine propagation company in New Zealand.
- Locally owned family business based in Marlborough
- Specialising in propagating top-quality, grafted grape plants for the New Zealand wine grower market
EDUCATION AND COMMUNITY
- Supporting and contributing to education
- National sponsor of the Young Viticulturist
- of the Year competition since 2006
- Proud supporter of Life Flight Trust
INNOVATIVE, PRICE COMPETITIVE AND PRO-ACTIVE
- Operating our own (award winning) vineyards to help us empathise and understand grower issues
- On-going innovation of grafted grapevine product types to help with everything from green field development to individual replacements
- Assistance with immediate and long-term vine replanting plans
- Collaboration and learning through our own on-site vineyard replant projects
- Annual repeat order system with no minimum
- purchase requirement